Does Your Family Member Have Signs of Hearing Loss?
The signs of hearing loss can be subtle and emerge slowly, or early signs of hearing loss can be significant and come about suddenly. Either way, hearing loss doesn’t just affect the person who has it. It also affects spouses, family members and friends. You should suspect hearing loss if you experience any of the signs below.
Subtle Signs of Hearing Loss with Family Members:
- asking you to repeat your words
- have difficulty following conversations in noisy locations
- having difficulty talking with more than 2 people
- think that other people are mumbling or sound muffled
- have trouble hearing small children and women.
- high volume levels on radios and Televisions
- answer or respond inappropriately in conversations
- slight ringing in the ears
- reading lips, leaning in or more intently watch people’s faces in conversations
You Can Help by…
- Talk to your loved one about their hearing concerns.
- Gently remind them of their hearing loss every time you “translate” or repeat something for them.
- Encourage them to visit a hearing professional to do more research and get their questions answered.
- Offer to schedule and attend a hearing consultation with them.
- Remind them they have nothing to lose and potentially everything to gain by seeing a hearing professional
It is always thoughtful to comfort them and speak to a professional about a Free Hearing Test just to see if their is in fact Hearing Loss in both ears, or if anything else can be done in the preliminary stages.
Free Hearing Tests Are:
- Absolutely Free and There is no Obligation To Buy
- Takes Less Than an Hour of Your Time
- Painless and Wont Hurt or Harm Your Hearing
Call Melissa Beardsley Hearing Instrument Specialist at 519-398-8116 to schedule your Free Hearing Test Today at the Clear Hearing Centre in Leamington Ontario.